Wednesday, October 10, 2012

FIrst Trimester!! Whoa!

The first trimester went really well for us! From what I hear from others stories, I was completely lucky!  I didn't have a moment of morning sickness nor was I totally exhausted.  I was able to continue my normal activities including running, yoga, etc AS LONG as I had a snack close by.  I was always snacking to keep the bambino(a) happy and Momma happier, but that was simple. 

This trimester was also filled with surreal thoughts that we are actually on the way to extending our family and that we are old enough and mature enough to be responsible for someone else (outside of Brissy, of course, because she's the most "well loved" black lab in Fort Collins).  It was also a time of joy spent with our friends/family that we love so much sharing our news...


The Berken's Announcement
Well, we can't begin this story without stating a fact... Nora did buy the pregnancy test for me! :-)  This simple fact made it challenging to keep the "truth" from them, so one Saturday morning we showed up on their door step with a sign under my jacket that said "Baby on Board."  Nora didn't even let us inside the house before yelling are you pregnant, are you pregnant. "No sh&t, I can't believe it"... I didn't even have a chance to unzip my jacket for them to see our sign.  Finley was going to have a little buddy, whether a little boyfriend or BFF.

The Lytle's Announcement
As we traveled up to Breckenridge for a nice weekend away with Lisa and Kaycee, we contemplated how we would tell them our news!  Lisa suggested that we have "roadies" on the way up... now typically I would be interested, however in my current condition (as cousin Ryan would say) that wasn't in the cards.  So I graciously offered to drive.  Well, the roadies never transpired and the news came out as we stopped for a nice dinner in Idaho Springs at the Brewery.  Everyone ordered beers as I had a "hard time" deciding.  Then I pulled out a video for them to watch - the video of my parents finding out we were pregnant!!!

We told all our friends in some different way or by a slip of the tongue (Jay was so excited he wanted to scream from the mountain tops), but each and every time was a special moment.  What an exciting time that we will always remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment